Thursday 20 October 2011

YouTube: How to repeat one video automatically

I've been sent many messages to my YouTube channel from parents who tell me they need to play just the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star video over and over to their children but they don't want to sit at their computer hitting replay continually. Some for over one hour! So here's a simple thing to do:

1. Go to the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star video

2. Just under the video screen click the "Add to" button

3. Then click "New playlist"

4. Name new playlist "Nursery rhymes" or similar

5. Click on your name at the top of the screen, You will then see your favourites and any playlists you created. Click "view details" on the newly created one

6. Make sure "autoplay" is switched on (it's default setting is usually off)

that's it. So for future plays/repeats all you need to do is go to point 5 and in a couple of clicks you'll be auto replaying the video and can get on with other things whilst your toddler watches and enjoys!

6 comments:

  1. Hi !
    This video is so cute and perfect for my use. I'm teaching just this short paragraph of the song but I don't have connection on internet in the class. How can I get this video on my computer. Is there a place to go to download it ? Thanks for your care !

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the kind words :)

    email sent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just uploaded a new version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star that loops the video over twice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUpzwQbOKZ0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use http://youtubeonrepeat.com, it lets you repeat entire video or just a part of it, plus you can bookmark videos to a watchlist for easy access.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes, that looks great too. thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I just purchased the app so that I can play the videos without having internet access. Is there a way you could repeat a specific video instead of having to hit play each time the song ends?

    ReplyDelete